Columns is a one-stop shop to streamline your data insights communication. It’s easy to use, simple to design, and safe to share. More
Columns KEY FEATURES
Insights & Visualization
Unlike traditional BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI, Columns is a pure web platform that you get your job done completely in your browser.
More importantly, Columns is the one-stop shop for data insights communication. It helps you navigate the whole communication process frictionlessly.
- Transform data to insights
- Design insights to data story
- Communicate data story to your audience
In a full product cycle, you will expect all the job to be done easily on a fully self-serve basis, even if you don’t have any technical assistance.
This tool has the most cost-effective implementation in the cloud, hence, don’t be surprised when you get your job beautifully done on.
Columns for free while others pay hundreds of bucks to purchase licenses and learn complicated systems like Tableau, Power BI, or Looker. You’re clearly a winner here.
It is built to deal with a wide range of situations. These are some highlights organized by work type
Connect a wide range of data sources
- Google Spreadsheet
- Microsoft Excel
- CSV/TSV uploads
- Snowflake data warehouse
- Databricks data warehouse
- HTTP data files
- Cloud storage files
- Kafka real-time streaming data
Insights & Visualization
- Auto-create insights query at the first load
- Easy to select dimensions and metrics
- Support all chart types (Map, Bar, Column, Line, Area, Pie, Doughnut, Scatter Plot, Timeline, etc.) and more to come.
- Pivoting and sorting are all easy to operate by clicks.
- Click and customization – almost every single visual element can be customized to your own style.
- Add annotation with any style at any position
- Add arrow with any style at any position
- Use an arrow to highlight an area in a visual graph
- Highlight specific bar in a bar chart
- Animate timeline to illustrate time elapsed events
- Add images, icons, and emojis to the canvas to enrich your story.
- More shapes are to be supported in the coming releases.
- Version control – every visual story could have multiple versions, an old version can be rolled back to.
- Send your visual graph as a Slack message to your configured Slack channel.
- Save visual and publish it as a web page.
- Embed a visual story into any web app using our embedded code.
- Download your visual graph as PNG or SVG files.
- Add the visual to a new or existing dashboard
- Conversation in place (in a near-future release)
The Columns Lifetime Deal is available now!
Collaborative storytelling on Slack
Visualize streaming data in real-time
Self-serve BI with well-maintained data catalog
Build interactive data apps instead of dashboards
And more! See all the features.
No active deals found